3.22.2011

Day 7 of the 30: He is jealous for me

{CONFESSION} I want that; a man in my life that is so deeply in love with me that he is jealous of anything that would took up my time that wasn't involving him. Now, one would argue that that would have the making of a n extremely unhealthy relationship. You know, the kind they make a Lifetime movie of? But I'm talking about a healthy one.

You see when I began dating at the age of 15 I was disillusioned by multiple Disney fairy tales and those horridly cheesy romantic comedies. I was convinced that if the guy was the one for me that I wouldn't spend my time thinking of anyone or anything else. I would spend days doodling in my notebook our names in different fonts. The whole shebang! When I began dating my now soon-to-be husband this idea became a reality I spent my time thinking about him and how much I love him and how wonderful he was and what little things I wanted to do to show my affection. After we were engaged my focus added in a second element; wedding!  All of a sudden I felt my life spinning out of focus like when a movie is about to go into a flashback. Where was my mind, my thoughts, my heart? Where did I place my hope?

I realized I had begun to lose my first love, my Savior, Redeemer, Friend Jesus Christ. Someone who loved me enough to die for me, not knowing if I'd accept His love or not. Someone who no matter if I burnt a casserole, missed an appointment, forgot to call still would answer with "I love you" and a hug and not even my future husband can hold a candle to Him. While I love my soon-to-be, I know that he isn't perfect and he will let me down but my hope is in the one who will NEVER leave me, discourage me or tell me I messed up. His love never changes. He is jealous for me, for my time and for my life.

{ENCOURAGE}Where is your focus today?  Take some time today like I did to reflect on where your hope lies. Gain a little perspective on your "not so perfect soon to be". It will only make you love him more. I know today was rough, it was rough for me too!

I'll leave you with a song XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...