3.21.2011

30 Day Challenge 6+:"Why did I say that?!"




"Love means never having to say you're sorry".  I used to love that quote, until I realized that it's not very practical. It became popular after the 1970's movie Love Story. However, I'm pretty sure the person who first penned this overly optimistic was completely missing out on one important aspect of love; forgiveness, which comes after sorry. 

{CONFESSION)There is a time in every relationship where one asks "Why did I say that?". Whether it was in the heat of an argument, not having a filter for your tongue or just simply because you felt it needed to be said it happens. Don't beat yourself up over it. However, you do need to *gulp* recognize it and say those words that are the hardest to ever cross my lips! I know I am definitely not the one that humbles myself enough to say it and for that I hurt my relationship. I'm to proud to say "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said/done that" and I will admit that to all my readers.

{ENCOURAGE & CHALLENGE} I am spending a few days reflecting and asking my self "Why did I say that?" and "I am sorry". I invite you to join me. I know our relationships can benefit from a few more "I'm sorry"s.

{INSPIRE}"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." - 1 Corinthians 13: 7

leave a comment and let me know if you joined me and I will reward with some lovely wedding inspiration next time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...