5.10.2011

Is it pleasing to those

As an engaged woman who is in love with her Saviour Jesus Christ,  it is sometimes hard for me to not see God's intervening in my life and relationship with my soon-to-be. God has blessed me and even though we have our moments where I think to myself "God, where are you?! We aren't supposed to fight" I stop and remember. I am an unperfect person in love with an unperfect person who is LOVED unconditionally by God. I am thankful for God's love for me, one that isn't concerned with performance.

However, I am saddened by the reality that for some this is a hard truth to swallow. As women in a relationships (married, engaged, or just beginning to date) we are bombarded daily and hourly by what society and our sphere of influence and even our lover says we should be. We feel the need to stick in relationships that may not be fully pleasing or honoring to ourselves, our family or God because the status quo says so and our mind believes the same.



Where is this coming from? you may ask. I used to be that girl and for the past 10 years I have watched family, friends and myself suffer in relationships that are not true to who God has made myself and these amazing women to be. It was only through recognizing my own need to accept and be okay with the fact that God loves me, without reason, task or accomplishment that I began to see these relationships as not helpful, hurting and all together unhealthy for me.



So I ask you. Is your relationship pleasing to those around you? What needs to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...